Friday, January 15, 2010

What's for lunch 1/15/2010

Tri-Color Rotini and homemade Arrabiata Sauce. Nothing too exciting.

My arrabiatta sauce is a recipe that I took from Lakewinds Co-op. Since then, its one of those recipes that never quite tastes the same each time I make it. I used the Lakewinds recipe as a bouncing off point and each time I tweak it. It's great to make in large batches and freeze and then pull out for a quick meal.

I'm getting so used to my homemade arrabiata sauce and sprucing up my normal pasta sauce with extra herbs and garlic that I can no longer stand plain marinara sauce from a jar. I also tend to feel more like I'm "cooking" when I'm tweaking the off the shelf stuff too.

Another sauce I make myself: Pizza Sauce. I love continuing to play with that too. It tastes excellent on our homemade pizza crust too.... hmmm... must make homemade pizza soon...

No comments: