Friday, January 8, 2010

French Press Coffee

I've never tried french press coffee. I knew that it required a different grind than the pre-ground FAC stuff I used to buy. But now that I have a shiny new cuisinart burr grinder, I wanna try it out.

I followed the directions I found on ehow.

I ground about 4T of beans for a course grind. At the same time I used my electric tea pot to boil water for about 3 cups of coffee. I let the water cool a couple minutes while I put the course grounds into the french press. I brewed mine for 5 minutes.

Evaluation:

Ease (1 easy-10 hard): 3
It's pretty easy and actually not that much more difficult that setting up my drip coffee maker.

Practicality (1 extremely practical- 10 not all that useful): 5
Compared to my drip coffee maker which I can set up the night before and program to go off when i get up, this is less practical. Its good for making just a couple cups of coffee though. This would be a great thing for weekend coffee when i have more time to savor and set up for coffee.

Taste (vs Drip coffee)
I'm not quite sure I taste much of a difference, but I always put a little sugar to my coffee. I did try it before I added sugar and felt it was slightly less bitter than my drip coffee. Possibly slightly more flavor in the french press coffee than the drip coffee too.

No comments: