Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipe Review: Crockpot Pulled Pork -Paleo-style... kind of

Recipe: http://primalbitesblog.com/2013/06/22/easy-crockpot-pulled-pork-and-paleo-tacos/

I found this while on pinterest. It's one of several pulled pork recipes I've bookmarked and I decided that Sunday was the night I was going to try it. I love when I can think ahead on a weekend and just set up something in my favorite kitchen accessory because sure enough we went grocery shopping and the last thing I would have wanted to do upon getting home is come up with dinner.

Alterations: I used both a shoulder roast and some pork chops. I coated them in the spice mix as directed and added to the crockpot.

Taste: The chops were a bit over done. They had the spicy coating, but were rather dry/bland inside. I was not impressed with the overall flavor of it and know that I've made better pulled pork and pork chops in the crockpot in the past.... now if only I could remember what I did?!?


I'd give it 2/5 forks (Is that what I used to use? Who knows, I'll go with it!). As it didn't quiet live up to expectations, I removed it from my board. It was a success, but not one I plan to recreate anytime soon.

No comments: