Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's for Dinner 3/23/2010

Cheese Garlic Chicken with Rice with Herves de Provence

Quite a mouthful.

I decided to venture into the world of non-instant rice.  I found a recipe for Rice with Herbes de Provence. I don't have that herb mix, but read the author's comment to use Rosemary, Thyme and Marjoram instead.

Tonight, I also decided to follow the directions for a cheesy garlic chicken from the back of the lipton soup mix

Results:

The rice cooked down way faster than the 20 minutes was supposed to take. I instead added the rice to cooking chicken and finished out the time.

The chicken did not cook in 20 minutes. I aimed for 35 (in a convection oven, no less). I thought it was done, so I covered it in cheese (mozzarella and parmesan), allowed the cheese to melt and served.

Well.... about 1/2 way through my piece of chicken, it changed in texture. Yeah. I'm thinking it wasn't completely done. *ARGH. So not only was the meal not that great, but now I'm worried about aforementioned possibly not fully cooked chicken.

FAIL.

No comments: