Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Breakfast burrito

I used to hate eggs. The texture, lack of taste, etc made me shy away. But as I've grown up, my tastes have changed. So now, I like eggs.

That said, I've always wanted to try a breakfast burrito, but never had the guts. Today I decided was that day.

How I made it:

I scrambled 2 eggs (2 eggs, a dash of milk, 1 piece kraft singles american cheese, pepper).
I put some of it in a small tortilla, added about 1T of salsa on top of it and a dash of cheese.

Ta-Da!

I could have scrambled only 1 egg for such a small tortilla. So I had a breakfast burrito and some scrambled eggs.  :) It was an easy breakfast. Maybe in the future, I'd incorporate some peppers and other sources of protein instead of relying on the salsa. It wasn't extremely flavorful but was a good quick breakfast.

The best benefit: a good protein source from the egg should keep me fuller than defaulting to a cereal bar or a sugary snack. And it fits into my new effort to cut down on sugar!

No comments: