Monday, November 16, 2009

What's for dinner? 11/16

I think tonight I'm trying out twice baked potatoes. I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com and I have the ingredients. First time I've ever made these, but the reviews are favorable....

Also trying out a breaded pork chop recipe from allrecipes.com.

Thoughts while cooking:

Impressions of twice baked potato recipe: I only did 2 baked potatoes so halving the ingredients should have worked, but i think the potato to creamy ratio may be off as a result.

Impressions of breaded pork chops: super easy-fast recipe. I need more fast recipes like this, especially when I go back to working.

Results:

Twice baked potatoes: I accidentally added the amount of salt for the full recipe. That coupled with the bacon bits I used instead of real bacon meant that they're a bit too salty. But after baking them for the 15 minutes, they turned out FABULOUS! I will definitely be making these again!!!! Not too salty, although next time i will try reducing the salt.

Pork Chops: Also quite good! Another winner for recipes!

No comments: