Saturday, November 14, 2009

Adventures in cooking

I haven't been posting, obviously. Been cooking. Just not posting. But today I would like to start this blog up again.

Since the last post, a lot has changed.

I have a house with a real kitchen and quality appliances. It's been so long since I've used a nice smooth top stove and an oven that's not 25 degrees or more off!

I am no longer employed. This has been the biggest life change thus far. For the first time I'm not earning my keep and it sucks. It does allow me to cook more often though! Coming up with what to make though is still a daily battle.

I recently discovered The BareFoot Contessa shows on Food Network. I usually don't watch cooking shows because I never remember the recipes anyway, but one day I stumbled on it. I found a couple gems so far that have been added to my recipes.

I'm still working on good recipes for fish.

I'm still trying to figure out how to eat healthily and not eat out of the home so much.

Things I love to cook:
Roasted Broccoli Parmesan: from the Barefoot Contessa
Oven roasted chicken (my own recipe)
Arrabiata pasta sauce
homemade pizza
Wild Rice and Chicken soup
Potato wedges

Goals for this blog: write about the good and bad recipes I try, the things I learn as I develop my cooking skills. So until the next entreƩ.... oopps I mean entry!... eat well!

No comments: