Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homemade Pizza Dough

My fiance and I love to make our own pizza. It's a lot of work to make the dough by hand, but the end result is worth it. We still haven't managed to make a good thicker crust pizza, but our thin crust rocks.  So we stick to what we know. :)

Recently, I became the proud owner of a food processor.  A food processor, I bought my mom for Christmas two years ago that she decided she doesn't actually use, so she gave it to me. So I guess in a way, I bought myself a food processor before I ever even knew I needed one.

One of the things I heard I could make in it is dough. So tonight I decided to give our fabulous pizza dough recipe a shot in the food processor. I have to say that I had my doubts that it would work.

It did! .... kind of. It wasn't a 100% success, but it did cut down on the time standing around with my hand on the mixer. It mixed things well, but my 7c food processor wasn't quite powerful enough to finish the job, so I had to remove the dough and finish with the hand mixer. Removing the dough from the food processor was a bit of a pain as it's quite sticky. I nicked a spatula on the blade and cut off a chunk of that. After pouring some oil on the remnants stuck in the bowl, I was able to extract them and finish the job with a hand mixer.

Another post as we actually bake the dough.....

No comments: