Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My morning feast

Every so often I work a 8.5 hour day at the coffee shop. We do not have a microwave so my food options involve either sandwhiches, food from the coffee shop (which is good, but gets a little old) or snack type food. I'm no good at packing a lunch for these days. Luckily my coffee shop shares strip mall space with Trader Joes.

When I'm faced with my 1/2 hour break, I tend to wander over there to the produce section and pick up some nourishment. Prior feast included: whole wheat bread, gourmet chicken salad with currants and almonds, chili lime cashews and an organic banana (single handedly one of the BEST bananas I swear I've ever eaten). Today, given my greek food cravings, my feast was:

  • Mini Pita bread circles (not chips, actual pita bread)
  • Hummus
  • Organic Strawberries (OMG so sweet and flavorful, not as pretty as the non-organic ones, but taste was so much better!)
  • 2 organic bananas. 
From this post, one could infer that I'm an organic foodie/snob. But I'm actually not. I usually can't justify the extra cost. I wish I could afford/justify to go organic though because when I do, it usually tastes so much better! There is one area where I feel going organic is just a waste of money: Processed foods. Do you really need those Froot Loops in organic form? My guess is probably not.....

I will say that my feast (4 mini pitas, about 2 Tbsp hummus, 5 strawberries and 2 bananas) left me satiated for the whole day... well until now. Now I'm HUNGRY. So it's time to make some dinner....

No comments: